I want to thank beautiful and talented Rhythm of Ritz’s Flavours for this nomination. By all means, take a moment to visit her blog – she is awesome! I am not so sure that my blog is so lovely, since all I am doing is cooking in my kitchen and snapping pictures with my cell phone, sometimes helped by two cats. However, as taught by our sages (and Miss Manners) to accept compliments graciously, I humbly accept.
Here are the rules:
- Post to accept the nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Link to the blogs you nominate.
- Notify the recipients of their award.
- Post the rules!
It is somewhat of a challenge to list seven things about myself as I have already done for One Lovely Blog Award #1, but I’ll try.
- I am only 5’1” but it has never stopped me from doing anything I set out to do.
- In addition to serious, mostly academic literature, I love Steven King, Clive Barker, and the rest of truly deep and philosophical horror authors.
- For our first date, my husband took me to the Met to see The Queen of Spades. Love for opera is among those interests we share.
- However, I also love ballet, but he can’t stand it. Ditto for classical soloists: he’d enjoy a symphony but not a piano recital. We manage, though!
- The hairdo you see on my Gravatar photo is a wig. As many married Jewish women, I cover my hair. My own hair, under the wig, looks exactly the same.
- I am not all that serious; in fact, I am rather funky. I enjoy Jim Morrison and The Doors or Pink Floyd, as well as Verdi or Puccini. And, repeating myself, I love Gypsy music.
- My favorite colors are black and red, and so are my oldest granddaughter’s, so she gleefully raids my closet.
I’d like to nominate:
- Jyothi from https://thefriendlyepicurean.com/
- Sweta from https://swethasculinarytrials.wordpress.com/
- Jo from https://josfoodbites.com/
- Tali from Tali’s Global Home
- Peggy from https://leggypeggy.com/
- Carol from https://cookingforthetimechallenged.wordpress.com/
- Anuradha from Aromas of My Kitchen
You are not in any way obligated to accept, and I fully understand that not everyone has the time and inclination to participate in these self-and-others-promoting exercises. Therefore, I will truly appreciate if you accept the nomination, as I sincerely think you deserve it, but I won’t get offended if you don’t. Nominating each one of you is my way of giving credit to some exceptional bloggers and perhaps attracting attention to your work.
We are having a restful Sunday – what about you, Beautiful People?