Sadly, my attitude also went sort of sideways resulting in absence of photos. Fortunately, you can only see both the process and the product in the video featured in https://lastingjoyclub.wordpress.com/2018/09/21/explore-yourself/.
As you have seen in the video, it’s the easiest funky dessert you’ve ever made: crumble a piece of cake into a wine glass, add finely diced fruit and/or berries of any kind, pour some honey (you can get Winnie the Pooh involved at this stage), and top it with whipped cream. Crushed walnuts are optional, if you have paid attention to the “nuts” discussion in the video. As we made these for Rosh Hashana, we garnished them with apple wedges, but if you want to impress family and friends in your Sukkah, I suggest sprinkling a few pomegranate seeds on top (for significance of pomegranate, see here).
- 1 slice of pound cake or any not overly moist cake (slice size depends on wine glass size). GF cake will work fine.
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave (or more, if you are related to Winnie the Pooh)
- 1/2 cup of any fruit and berries of your choice, diced (make sure you use 2 – 3 different colors)
- 1 tablespoon of whipped cream ( we will use non-dairy)
- 1 apple wedge or a few pomegranate seeds
- Optional crushed walnuts
- Crumble cake into wine glass, covering about 1/3. Crmbles should be about bean size.
- Layer diced fruit and berries to create colorful combination.
- Pour honey or agave. Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with crushed walnuts (optional), apple wedge, or pomegranate seeds.