I’ve been challenged! I’ve been nominated by a Purple Person for the ubiquitous three-quote challenge. I am unable to resist any challenge, so yes, Beautiful People, I’ll take it on. The gauntlet was thrown in my direction by a funky and unpredictable Melinda of https://purpleslobinrecovery.wordpress.com/. You will enjoy stopping by her blog; she is wacky and sincere, and she is a fighter – I admire that!
No, this isn’t a quote. Just checking on you, Melinda, and thank you for nominating me! First, the rules:
- Three quotes over three days.
- Three nominees each day (no repetition).
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Inform the nominees.
Day 1, here is my first quote, from – you got it! – “The Chicken Soup for the Soul” by Jack Canfield. It speaks to me, and it also speaks to my Sesame Chicken waiting in the wings to be introduced.
My nominees for Day 1 are:
Now,formalities taken care of, let’s start cooking.
I had a few boneless chicken breasts, so I just cubed them, about bite size. I don’t know what size your bite size is, so you’ll have to measure it on your own.
What makes this chicken soft as butter, and sweet and savory at the same time is marinade. A combination of coconut milk, soy sauce, agave, and ginger infuses these tender chunks with a subtle, but irresistible flavor. You’ll have to marinate them for at least thirty minutes, but the longer, the better. When you are ready for the next step, introduce them to white sesame seeds and let them mix and mingle in the oven.
You’ll have to bake them covered, in their marinade, for about thirty minutes. Then take the cover off, stir, and bake uncovered for another ten minutes or so. Let them get some suntan!
Spoon some liquid from the bottom of the pan on them, sprinkle some black sesame seeds, and serve hot. They melt in your mouth! I served them with brown rice and Spicy String Beans (for recipe, click here). A glass of chilled Chilean Terra Vega Chardonnay 2014, with refreshing tropical fruit flavor, complimented a very enjoyable dinner.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/2 inch ginger,diced
- A sprinkle of black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cube chicken breast into bite size pieces. Place into baking dish.
- Peel and dice ginger. Add to chicken. Add coconut milk, say sauce, agave. Mix, cover, marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add white sesame seeds, mix, cover, bake in marinade for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir, bake for additional 10 minutes. Sprinkle black sesame seeds before serving.