Totally unexpectedly, I have been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award. I thank you humbly, Alex of brianlilyandardbeg, for throwing this on my head! As they say in cartoons, “WHAMMM!” I am deeply honored and more than a little overwhelmed. When I started blogging two month ago, I had not known what to expect, and I certainly had not expected to find such fascinating people in blogosphere as Alex herself, a true intellectual and a savior of animals in distress, and as those bloggers I am, in my turn, nominating for this award.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Here are the rules to accept the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.I would not be myself if I didn’t post a funky picture, so there:
Don’t start drooling, beautiful people, it’s not my bike! Mine was a lot smaller and by far not so gorgeous (Java .5, for anyone who knows what it is). I think this photo will describe me better than my answers to 11 questions, but Alex, you wrote excellent questions, so I am answering.
- What would you like to wipe off the surface of the Earth?
Ignorance, hatred, violence. Ignorance leads to hatred which, in turn, transforms into violence.
2. Who has influenced you most?
3. What’s your favourite poem? (I am keeping your British spelling, darling! You guys know the correct English!)
If stars light up the sky,
That means someone needs it,
That means it is essential
That every evening
Above the city
At least one star.
Vladimir Mayakovsky, Listen!
4. What’s your comfort food?
Chocolate! Need you ask? One more time, for the record:
My Own Rules of Dessert.
Rule #1. It’s not dessert if it’s not chocolate.
Rule #2. The more chocolate, the better.
5. What job/ profession would you choose if all jobs paid the same?
The same – educator. I have never cared what it paid, as I have always believed that if you love what you are doing, you will do it well, and if you do it well, someone will pay for it. I taught my children the same philosophy, and they seem to be happy in life.
6. What do you like most about yourself?
I am what I am. I am not perfect by any means, but I am content with who and what I am and with the process of growing and striving to correct the imperfections, one by one.
7. What makes you happy?
Music, dancing, the ocean, art, people and animals, and most of all, grandchildren!
8. Why do you blog?
I addressed it in my first post Hello, Beautiful People! I don’t think I can – or should – do it again. Suffice it to say that it’s therapeutic. It has helped me to start coping with the loss.
9. What’s your biggest talent?
Reaching out to people and bringing out their best.
10. How would you like to be remembered?
I am not sure whether I want to be remembered, but it is said that the one who saves a child, saves the whole world. My most gratifying moments come when I see the graduates of my school for students with special needs succeed in the wide world out there. Just recently, a father of a boy who had come to us with a severe emotional disability which was causing him to keep failing his classes, up to 5th grade, called me to report that the boy – already a young man! – has graduated from a mainstream high school with honors and has been admitted to a prestigious college. I cannot publish names or pictures, but I do keep their postcards from camps and cry at their weddings.
11. If you were to give humanity a piece of your wisdom, what would it be?
I wouldn’t presume! A piece of Higher Wisdom has already been given to humanity – Love! Love for every speck of sand and blade of grass, for everything that walks, flies, swims, slithers, and breathes in the Universe.
The next step is to nominate 11 blogs. It was difficult to choose since there are quite a few others who have inspired me at one time or another, but here they are, in alphabetical order:
Tomorrow – that is, already today! – I will contact all of them and I hope they accept the nomination. Meanwhile, my 11 questions:
- If you were an animal, who would you be and why?
- What is your first thought when you wake up in the morning?
- What do you do to calm down when stressed out?
- Do you prefer indoors or outdoors time?
- How do you vacation?
- How often do you smile and why?
- What kind of art makes you breathless?
- What do you think of social media?
- Wine, beer, or strong liquor?
- How much green is in your food?
- Rain or shine?
I guess you know which animal I am. This is my second post without any recipes in it, and I will have to compensate for it.
With that, beautiful people, I am saying Good Night!